Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2051

Seated axle press
5xAxle
5x75
5x115
5x135
5x155
5x175
21x135 (rest pause: 15-3-3)


Notes: Pulled something in my shoulder closing the rear overhead door on my minivan this morning.  Been playing around with a band all day.  Lots of crunching and grinding working through the ROM, but didn't seem to affect anything.  Weight was flying on the final set.


DB rows 50lbs
8x20


Notes: Did these in between sets of the presses.  These weren't Kroc rows; very controlled, focused on the contraction, squeeze at the top.  It's light weight, but the first time I've been able to do DB rows in a long time, and hitting so many reps in such a controlled manner fried my lats.



Dips
70-20-10
30-15-10-10-10-10-9-6


Notes: Losing a few reps, but I imagine weight gain and shoulder fatigue the issue.



Axle curls
1x250


Notes: This is getting so stupid.  Forearms are getting blitzed. Guess 300 is a possibility.  Maybe I'll reward myself with that Ironmind axle if I make it.



D-ring lat pulldowns90
4x20


Notes: These are really rocking when I pull them out to the side.  Pleased I discovered that technique.




General notes: Woke up at 191.4.  Already mentioned the shoulder issue. Been insatiably hungry today, just letting my appetite dictate my intake at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment