Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Training Log: Entry 2057


AM WORKOUT


Grippers

All dropsets

2x#2.5
4x#2
20x#1
30xTrainer

5x#2
25x#1
30xTrainer

25x#1
30xTrainer

30xTrainer

Notes: Still not really getting out the results I had before, but I imagine how hard/frequently I have been hammering the forearms plays a role. This is the issue I faced with grippers in the fast: I'm able to peak up to a pretty decent showing real quick, but if I want to really push far into heavy territory I have to invest far more time and energy than I really want to. I feel at this point that trying to seriously pursue the 3 would take away from my other training. Still, I plan to keep doing these until something more interesting comes along, and most likely focus more energy on the rolling thunder.

General notes: Woke up at 190.6. Have to attempt to not freak out and overeat to compensate, as it's most likely just a small fluctuation. Had some GI issues yesterday, but seems to be sorted out.




PM WORKOUT

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x75
15x5x135lbs

superset in a circuit w/

D-ring lat pulldowns 90
18x10

Notes: Went non-stop the entire time, bouncing from one movement to the next and back. Really felt it that way, and the pulldowns were just the right intensity to match.

Axle curls
1x300

Notes: Just hit my goal of matching Derek Poundstone's 300. However, his was done on the Ironmind axle, and I rested in the up position versus the down, so now I have more goals to shoot for. Forearms are obliterated between this and the grippers.

Band pushdown
1x100

Band pull aparts
1x100

D-ring lat pulldowns 90
3x10
1x22

No comments:

Post a Comment