Friday, July 1, 2016


Training Log: Entry 2168


(5) Axle Mat Pulls
5x123
5x156
5x246
5x336
1x426
1x516
5x536 (deadstop)
13x426 (touch and go)

Notes: Morning workout. Ate a larger breakfast (2 slices of peanut butter toast) beforehand, but this was still murder.  I've learned lower body lifts are really nutritionally dependent for me.  I've gotten smart through this injury process and learned the value of simply pushing to my limit for that time and situation, rather than getting fixated on numbers.  Auto-regulation; what a concept. 

Buffalo bar squats
5xBar
5x100
5x140
3x190
1x230
1x280
1x320
6x370

Notes: Wanted to see what I could do with 370, but I was just toasted.  I had more, but I could feel my knees wanting to shake something good on these, and it woulda been a dumb idea.  Got a vacation coming up for the long weekend; going to be doing a lot of walking, probably be good to not be limping all over the place.


General notes: Woke up at 194.8.  No scheduled cheat meal this week; just going to let my diet be looser on vacation.


Need to really come up with a solid plan for squats.  Been just kinda screwing around, but I think I've gotten back to the point where I can really start focusing on strength.

Most obvious choice is to grab something from 5/3/1, and that might happen.  Otherwise, might implement the idea I had before I got injured; for squat day, 1 week heavy partials, 1 week high rep full ROM.  Then, on deadlift day, heavy on the high rep week, high rep on the heavy week.  Still want to keep rotating between SSB and buffalo bar.  My shoulders are getting real inflexible these days; even the buffalo bar can get tight, and I don't want to lose the mobility I got by only using the SSB.  I got in a bad way during the injury because of that.

Front squats keep whispering in my ear too.  They might make an occasional showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment