Thursday, August 31, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2347

GOD IS A BEAST WORKOUT 18

PM WORKOUT

Log Viper and Press Away
5xLog
10x5x170

Reverse hyper 320
5x8

NG chins
5x10

Band pull aparts
5x20

DB bench 50lbs
50 reps (unbroken)

Notes: Woke up at 0345, drove for 13 hours from Colorado to Denver, buzzed out of my mind on diet soda and energy drinks along with some protein bars and beef jerky and hit this workout around 1900.  Got it done in less than an hour.  The first 6 sets of the log press were an unbroken circuit alternating between reverse hypers and chins, but after that I needed to take some small breaks before hitting the log again.

Reset the DB bench down to flat and going for an unbroken 50 reps now.  Sternum was hurting from the log.

So far, I'd have to say that God is a Beast has been really great for my rep strength, and I think it's been pretty solid for max strength on the squat and dead.  The bench and press are up in the air; I feel like they need different TMs for different weeks.


Will resume weigh ins tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment