Saturday, December 15, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2348

DEEP WATER ADVANCED PROGRAM WORKOUT 1 (WEEK 1, WORKOUT 1)

AM WORKOUT

Axle deadlift 276
3x10

Titan SSB Squat
5xBar
5x115
5x155
5x205
5x245
5x295
5x325
5x385
5x405
17x266
21x206

Notes: Alternated sets of warm-ups with the deads and squats, and then work sets of deads with warm ups of squats.  2:50 rest between sets on deads and the heavier work up sets of squats.  Once I got to 385, I rested 5 minutes before the set of 405, then 5 minutes between the next 2 sets.  I used the SSB because I felt it would be a better choice for the Deep Water aspect, since it allows for greater form deviation.  Theory proved true, because I was folding over like mad on the final set of the day.  Because of that, I'm curious on if it's the right call, as I'm achieving a different effect compared to if I was just doing squats, but as long as I'm working hard it won't be a loss.

The Titan SSB makes it that I am less prone to folding over, but those are still my instincts and it happens when things get really tough.  I might try the next Deep Water workout with the buffalo bar, but I'm still undecided.  If nothing else, this will help my buggy shoulder.

This was a solid push, but I've got to dig deeper to really make the most of this program.  Definitely going to make this the focus.

Woke up at 203.0.  Carbed up with some fried rice last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment