Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2350

DEEP WATER ADVANCED PROGRAM WORKOUT 3 (WEEK 1, WORKOUT 3)

AM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 286
3x10

Close grip axle bench 241
3x10

Dips
1x28
1x24
1x22

1 minute plank/20 sit ups
3 rounds, no rest

Notes: 3:50 rest between sets.  This continues to be a solid approach for benching.  Keep cutting the rests and move as much as I can, then up the rest and start over.  Clearing some big former plateaus here.  I always like to look back and remember the first time I ever maxed my bench was a college freshmen, and I hit a 275 and thought that was pretty cool.  Since that time, I really haven't felt like my bench has gotten much stronger, and then I see me hitting 3x10 with 10lbs more than that and I realize I'm doing ok.

The program cuts out 1 exercise at this point, and I'm thinking it's a good move, because my elbows and shoulders are pissed.  A break might be just what I need, and I may actually end up recovering more and super compensating. 

On that note, woke up at 204.8.  Talking about other milestones, this is the bodyweight I was at in 2011 when I decided I was tired of being fat and dropped 20lbs.  Body comp is a lot better this time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment