Thursday, December 27, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2357

DEEP WATER ADVANCED WORKOUT 8 (WEEK 2, WORKOUT 4)

PM WORKOUT

Clean pulls 205
3x10

Power clean
5x95
5x115
5x135
5x158
5x185
5x205
5x215
30x140
41x105

Notes: First off, hell yeah.  3:50 between sets of 5, 4:50 between the back off sets.  I MAY have been able to push one more set of 5, but on the final rep I mistimed something, the bar slipped out of my left hand, crashed on my chest, and tore a small chunk out of the web of my hand.  Put some chalk in the hole for the back off sets, but still got a nice circle of blood on my shiny new bar.

Those backoff sets were finally acceptable to me.  Really felt like I "got" what this was all about.  Kept hitting second and third gears through it and finding more and more in me, only stopping when I finally had nothing left to give.  Total lung breakers.  Form fell apart and I got to rely on pure brute force at the end.

That said, on the topic of form, it's honestly come a long way.  Feeling much more explosive.  Still have a long way to go, but it's progress.

Woke up at 200.2.  Appetite is coming back thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment