Sunday, January 5, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2585

YESTERDAY'S TRAINING

PM WORKOUT

Keg clean
3x150
2x175
1x185
1x200
1x225
0x235
0x225

Notes: Was feeling pretty fatigued coming in to this.  Been working early shifts this week, and this was a late PM workout.  The first 225 flew straight up with zero struggle: technique was dialed in well.  Went to grab 235 and it rolled away from me on the pick up.  Somehow, that 10lb difference was massive.  The 225 afterwards was just a technique issue, and at that point I figured it wasn't worth trying more.

Once again: happy to have problems, because now I can work on solutions.  I got 3 months to add 25lbs to my keg clean.  One of the big things I need to do is get my body used to handling the weight.  225 feels absolutely fine, 235 feels insurmountable in my hands.  My strategy is to do keg carries with at least 250lbs so that my body gets conditioned to feeling that weight in my hands, making it feel less alien when I approach it for the press.  I'm also considering doing some daily cleans to keep technique sharp, and possibly bringing back the 10 minute EMOM keg clean strategy I've used in the past.

Also, bodyweight gain needs to continue.  Right now, I'm trying to move weight that is more than me, and my body feels the difference in the attempt.  If I bridge the gap, it will seem less significant.  Surpassing the gap would be dandy, but that ain't happening.

Plan for that is even greater carbs pre/post training.  I'm staying lean enough with this strategy.  My post training meals are getting epic, but I'm also not struggling to consume them.  I may look into weight gainer, but right now I'm still finding conventional avenues.

No comments:

Post a Comment