Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2592


AM WORKOUT

SUPERSET (press-chin)

Axle Strict Press
5xAxle
5x66
5x156
5x186
11x206

NG chins (various grips)
2x9
4x8

GIANT SETS (press-dip-raise-pull aparts: sets 1 and 4: axle, sets 2 and 5: trap bar, sets 3 and 6: log)

Axle strict press 186
1x10
1x8

Trap bar press 145
1x10
1x7

Log clean and press away 175
1x10
1x7

DB rows 105
1x21

Notes: 2:00 between giant sets.  Schedule didn't allow for a 2 a day today.  I skipped out on the keg clean and press to give my left hip a little break, and didn't do a SSL backoff with the axle because it woudla been the exact same weight as what I was using for supplemental work, which speaks to how strong my press has gotten on the supplemental work.  The first set of 10 on the axle absolutely flew up, and were this a 2 a day I imagine I woudla crushed a second set, but holding at 8 given the circumstances was more than awesome.

Topset of presses went better than I expected.  12 woulda been awesome, but as this was an earlier AM workout I hit a solid and quick 11 reps and felt it unnecessary to sell some of my soul for the 12th rep.

DID wake up feeling like absolute hell. I'm gonna imagine my new squat protocol paired with my attempts to reach 100 reps on the trap bar pulls is most likely burning the candle on both ends, but I plan to try to eat my way through the problem until that doesn't work.  Most likely the erratic sleep schedule is unhelpful there too, but it's the cards we're dealt.

Right shoulder continues to feel less and less like raw hamburger each week.  Seems I may be on top of it.

I cut out the curls and threw in the rows to see if it has an effect I'm after.  Past 2 weeks, my elbows have felt like hell by the time bench shows up, and I'm wondering if it's the Poundstone curls followed immediately by the squat workout that's the issue.  Be willing to move the curls to afterwards, if that's the case, even meaning throw them in at the end of the squat day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment