Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2601

AM WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT

Low handle trap bar pulls
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
1x495
1x545
1x560
1x565



LONG REST

High handle trap bar pulls 405
1x37+2
1x8
1x6
1x8

Notes: 3:45 between heavy pulls.  1:00 between high handle sets.  The low handles remain my kryptonite, and most likely something I should spend some more time on.  I can legitimately pull more with a barbell than I can with low handles on a trap bar.  The warm-up sets were putting pain on the surgical site of my knee, but the work sets didn't have any issues.  Trying to get in some press work this evening, so instead of a half day break between main and supplemental work I gave it about 20 minutes.  I was moving at a very solid pace on the first set, but right around rep 32 I started bombing hard.  That seems to be the make or break point for me, so something to focus on.  Wanted to see 61 reps, so I took 1 minute rests until I got there.

I'm practically pausing on the low handle pulls there.  Honestly wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do that as supplemental work sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment