Monday, January 6, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2586

LUNCH TIME WORKOUT

MAX EFFORT

(27) Chain Suspended SSB Abominations
5x155
5x205
3x245
1x295
1x335
1x385
1x435 (10lb PR)
1x445 (10lb PR)



High Handle Trap Bar lifts
60x405



Notes:3:45 between heavy abominations.  I make an effort to make the lighter sets actual straight legged good mornings, but once I cross the threshold to 385 they become abominations, with the knee bend and weight rolling back.  And they still require me to strain like hell, so they're working.

Those trap bar lifts feel like they're taking years off my life.  It's funny: it's not the lifting that hurts, but the stopping.  When I'm in the moment and grinding out reps I'm fine, but once the workout is over I'm on my back for 20 minutes trying to remember which Valkyrie I'm supposed to pray to for a ride to Valhalla.  Then I feel my whole body go numb and my heart slows down and I get an exertion headache.  Who are these maniacs that think working out is fun again?

Yet I still "like" this more than my previous supplemental workout because the trainnig itself is over in 5 minutes. Brains are weird like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment