Sunday, January 12, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2590

PM WORKOUT

Keg cleans
2x150
2x175
1x200
1x225
1x230w/press (5lb PR)
1x235w/press (5lb PR)

Notes: Very first rep on 150 I tweaked something in my left hamstring.  Legs are still sore from squats on Wed.  They still hurt through the session, but as I added weight to the keg I started feeling better.  Implements are weird that way.  Stone of steel is the same: the empty stone feels awful, but a little weight in it goes a long way.  I actually ended up cleaning the 225 so hard I just about fell on my butt with it.  Had to fight to keep it, and it was ugly.  After that though, 230 and 235 moved very well, and pressing at the top wasn't a struggle at all.  Gave me some good confidence for the event in April.

Secret is that it's more of a "heave" than a clean.  Have to learn to use the weight of the keg on itself.  I also wonder if a keg loaded with sand/water is gonna be harder or easier with that factor.  I'm gonna try to get as strong as I can regardless, which should make up the difference. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment