Monday, February 1, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2419

AM WORKOUT (0700)


Juarez Valley Front Squats 205 w/5 six count burpees in between

10

1

9

2

8

3

7

4

6

5


Time: 17:50


50 band pull aparts


5 round circuit of 

10 chins

4 standing ab wheel

10 dips

8 reverse hypers


SSB squat stripset

20x185

15x135


25 band pushdowns


Notes: Added 20lbs to the bar and cut the reps down.  Time was right about where I started when at 185.  This just continues to kick butt, and floors me decent.  Got in a daily work circuit while my heart rate was up, because why not.  I owe some GHRs and maybe a short run later.


I'm taking to calling my dietary approach "Deep Mountain", although maybe "Dog Water" would have great comedic approach.  If I was running DC training, it' could be "Dogg Water".  Either way, breakfast was 3 organic cage free eggs mixed with 3oz of 93% lean grass fed ground beef, topped with grass fed butter, fat free cheese, and 1/4 of an avocado.  Fantastic training fuel





I do wish John would write more, because I wanna read more about his approach.


PM WORKOUT (1430)


80lb weighted vest hill walking


40 minutes


Notes: Just looked for hills around the neighborhood and walked up and down.  It's about 30 degrees out.  Brisk and enjoyable.


Got round 1 of the COVID vaccine before that.  Curious to see any impact.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I got my covid vaccine last Friday, all I had was a dry mouth and dry throat for a day. They say the second shot is worse though so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't tend to have reactions, but this one seemed gnarly.

      Delete
  2. I'm just worried about how the second shot will feel, as it is said to be worse.

    Beats maybe getting covid though, I guess.

    ReplyDelete