Saturday, August 7, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2503


AM WORKOUT (0540 wake up via dog) FASTED


11 rounds in 15 minutes of the following

5 95lb thrusters
10 alternating 45lb KB snatches (5 per arm)


Notes: Once again, thrusters and snatches are lethal.  Great kickstart to the morning.


PM WORKOUT (1400)


41 rounds of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off with the following protocol


Every odd round: Stone of Steel to shoulder

Every even round: alternate between burpees for 1 round, then some aspect of daily work.  Once I got through 50 chins, I did 50 dips, then 40 reverse hypers


So for example


Round 1: SoS

Round 2: Burpees

Round 3: SoS

Round 4: Chins

Round 5: SoS

Round 6: Burpees

Etc



Notes: SoS to shoulder under tabata timing continues to just be excellent.  I average 2.5 shoulders per early round, which is to say I shoulder it twice and get it to my lap for a third before the timer runs out.  Toward the end, I can barely beat the clock to get 2 in.  The daily work allowed a bit more recovery, while burpees still suck, so again a kind of wave intensity approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment