Wednesday, August 11, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2507


AM WORKOUT (0515 wake up via dog)


Axle clean and push press away (sets of 10 chins and pull aparts between sets)
5xAxle
5x146
5x166
7x186

Log viper press (each rep from the floor) w/rest pause 
10+4+4x150

Axle bench press w/rest pause
10+3+5x246

Immediately transition to 50 dips+25 pushdowns

Immediately transition to lateral raise dropset of
20x20lbs
20x10
20x5
20x2.5
20xEmpty hands
65 second crucifix hold

Kroc rows 115
1x21


PM WORKOUT (1600)


Axle Grace Echo

30 reps (2:37, 9 second lifetime PR WTF)

15 reps (1:38)

7 reps (0:35)


Details to follow, but that is nuts.


Notes: Unplanned morning workout.  Had the day off but dog woke up early so I figured I'd squeeze it in before the family woke up.  Hard to get into gear on the single set work: usually takes a few weeks for me to get my head straight on that.  Found it on that final set of axle bench press.  My push press still sucks quite a bit.  Missed the clean the first time, and was too sweaty to save it with a continental, so took a minute rest to nail it.  Just gotta commit.  The log viper was about the right prescription.  Wore the 13mm belt the first time, but went without it afterwards and it worked out better.  Plan was to get in more straight set work on the bench, but time was the factor.  Still sorting this out, but it's good enough for now.



So yeah, on the above, just moved crazy good.  Another one of those didn't wanna do it, felt like I was moving slow, turned out I set a PR.  So damn hot in the garage I couldn't see the timer while I was doing it: sweat kept getting in my eyes.  Had to do the last few reps with one eye closed.


I'm undereating WAY too much.  I'm too good at that.  Need to watch for it.  Although if I do end up getting down to goal weight quick, I can always maintain/gain coming into the comp, so that's cool too.


Found a back up if the Sep one falls through.  It's in Nov and closer to home.  Not quite the same events, but not an awful show.

No comments:

Post a Comment