Saturday, August 21, 2021

Training Log: Entry 2516



AM WORKOUT (0300 wake up via alarm)


"Gut Check and a Half"


Took this





For the thrusters, I used a barbell with 95lbs.  Whenever I try heavier DB thrusters, it all just goes into my lower back for some reason.  Just can't get a decent rack.


But anyway, ran through the full WOD, then transitioned to 20lb DBs and a 4 point burpee (no push up, aka "squat thrust") and tried to do the whole thing again (this time with DB thrusters).  Implemented a 40 minute cut off.  Was on the 20th burpee when time ran out.  Would have had more, but ran into some slight equipment issues with the DBs at first.  Had to fiddle with them a touch.


This isn't as awful as Tower/Juarez/Kalsu, but it lives up to it's name all the same.  The Devil presses are really the moneymaker, but the burpees at the end are just a slow death.  I think I'm going to do a workout one day that is just devil presses for stupid high reps with the 50s, because they really are just something else.  


Working a 12 today, then I travel tomorrow.  Thankfully, I'll have access to that crossfit style gym this time, so now insane hotel room workouts necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment