Tuesday, August 24, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2519


AM WORKOUT (0300 wake up via alarm)


GIANT SETS (jump-squat-chin)

Box jumps
4x3

Barbell squats
5xBar
5x135
5x225
5x345
5x395
5x440
12+4+4x345 (rest pause)

Chins
Sets of 5 between sets


Machine leg press
Whole stack for 21 reps w/no lockout, then a bunch of dropset reps

20 GHRs
20 GHR sit ups

35lb KB lunges until I was done


Notes: Happy with how this went.  440 felt heavy, but I still had it in me.  I'm underfed, underslept, not in my training space, dealing with elevation.  Being able to produce these kinds of performances under these circumstances is pleasing.  That being said, I may be at a point where I start introducing carbs pre squat/deadlift workouts: something I'll consider at least.  


Glad I remembered to do lunges.  It's been good keeping those in.



PM WORKOUT (1500)

As Many rounds As Possible in 20 minutes of

10 thrusters w/95lbs
10 burpee pull ups

Completed 7 rounds, and 7 thrusters into the 9th round.


Notes: Something I came up with playing with some new toys.  Shoulders were melting down.  Might be a bit too much for them with all the pressing, but this was still really taxing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment