Monday, August 23, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2518


AM WORKOUT (0300 wake up via alarm/calf cramp)


20 chins

GIANT SETS (press-chin-pull apart)

Barbell clean and strict press away
5xBar
5x155
5x175
4+1x195 (from the rack)
13+3+3x155 

Chins
6x5

Band pull aparts
6x20


High incline DB press
Started with 95lbs, then rest paused down to 85 and 75, then stripset 60 and 45

Dips
50

Low cable rows
Triple rest pause and then a dropset

Barbell curls
1x100

Tabata battle ropes


PM WORKOUT (1500)

107 burpee pull ups in 15 minutes

15 GHRs
20 GHR sit ups
40 BW reverse hypers

Tabata sledgehammer on tire


Notes: Real grab bag of stuff here.  Using some things that I don't have access to at home and enjoying the novelty, and also contending with the elevation changes.  Cleaning a barbell feels like cheating after using an axle for so much.  I took 195 out of the rack because I was having some headspin issues.  I might actually walk the TM back on this, despite my ego, and really crush some reps next cycle.  Was feeling a great connection with my back on the cable rows.  Curling a barbell doesn't compare to an axle at all.  Resting with the barbell is resting: with the axle it's crucifixion.


The burpee pull ups were a great bit of conditioning.  My rack is on the shorter side at home and a jump into a chin isn't very viable, but here I had a good set-up.  I wasn't setting the world on fire with my speed, and had to take 2 small breaks to text the Mrs, but still ended up with me breathing hard and sweating lots.  Always wanted to do that sledgehammer thing.  It blew up my upper body pretty solid.  Was the purpose of this whole thing, since I'm squatting tomorrow. 


It's been so awesome traveling while LOSING weight.  So much easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment