Monday, August 16, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2510


SUNDAY


AM WORKOUT (0300 wake up via alarm)


“The Hills Have Eyes”


25 rounds of

10 40kg KB swings

10 20lb per hand devil’s presses

30 seconds rest between rounds


Completed in 48:40


Daily work to finish


Notes: Came up with a cute name here. This was riffed originally off of “Meat Eater II” from Tactical Barbell, which is 10 KB swings w/52lb bell and 10 burpees for 10 rounds with 60 seconds rest between rounds. When I swapped the burpees for Devil’s presses and upped the KB weight, I took to calling this “Cannibal Meat Eater”. Now it’s The Hills Have Eyes: if you turn your back on it, it’ll eat you, and you never have enough time to catch your breath.


This wasn’t as much of a nutkick as Kalsu or Tower of Babel, but was still pretty solid. I needed something with simple set up and execution and minimal load on my body. I can probably trim the rest times even shorter if I do it again.


Sweat was running in my eyes pretty bad at the end: did a lot of “eyes closed” presses. Good for body awareness I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment