Sunday, August 29, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2523


SATURDAY


AM WORKOUT (0300 wake up via alarm)


FAUST (Make a deal with the Devil…press)


100 devil preses w/50lbs

EMOM: 5 chins

28 rounds to completion


50 pull aparts

25 push downs

50 dips

20 standing ab wheel

40 reverse hypers


Tabata high handle trap bar pulls w/135lbs


Notes: Came up with Faust sometime yesterday after the deadlifts. Traditionally I do burpees the day after deads to avoid loading the body, and figured this would be close enough. I’ve had “100 devil presses” on my mind for a while, and this was a solid way to go about it. Very Kalsu-esque. Similar difficulty level, but it moves quicker. Think if I do it again, once the presses are done I might wrap it up with 100 burpees.


First 50 chins were strict. Remainder were done kipping. Kipping actually works better as far as the workout construction goes, but I wanted to include my daily work.


Did a make up Tang Soo Do class last night, since I was away during my normal time. Was invited to participate in the senior student class…but since this is martial arts, that meant it was teenagers vs adults. I at least got to show that the old man could keep up with the physical conditioning. Got to spar the instructor for a round. Threw several spinning back kicks. Ask me the last time I EVER did that. When the sparring rules are so restrictive, you start finding a use for some of the more interesting moves. That said, I’m still having a blast doing SOME kind of sparring. My conditioning shows itself. One round is about all these folks can manage. Biggest issue I have is “control”, as I really want to spar for real but I’m doing my best to hold back.

No comments:

Post a Comment