Friday, October 1, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2556


AM WORKOUT (0530 wake up via alarm, 0700 workout)


40 minutes of the following

95lb barbell: clean, front squat thruster-back squat thruster-front squat thruster-back squat thruster-front squat thruster

5 chins (any grip, strict)

5 dips


35 rounds completed, called out on first thruster of 36th round


2+ mile walk with dog (unweighted)


Notes: Decided on the conditioning workout today for 2 reasons.  1: legs were still sore and I felt like this particular approach would fix that, and 2: I realized I could break up my deadlift workout tomorrow so that I do all the assistance work in the morning and then the main and supplemental work in the afternoon.  That's probably going to be my way forward for the next 5 weeks of the program.  


This particular conditioning workout was a good one.  It didn't blow my lungs out, but it was definitely fatiguing AND it helped me get that blood flowing to my legs, which was key.  I really like passing the bar over my head and working multiple angles on the thruster.  Getting in 175 dips and chins is pretty cool too.  


Went sans vest on the walk today.  I'm thinking there's too much of a good thing when it comes to weighted vest walks, and it'd be a good idea to have a few where I just take in the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment