Wednesday, October 20, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2574


TUESDAY


BBB BEEFCAKE Week 4, Day 2


AM WORKOUT (0300 natural wake up)


GIANT SETS (jump-squat-row)


Box jumps (all pavers, 2 35lb bumpers, set of half pavers…it’s the highest I’ve jumped so far, lets say that)

3x3


Buffalo Bar Squats

5xBar

5x140

5x230

3x340

3x390

3x440


Meadows row 150

5x5


Buffalo Bar Squat

5x10x340 (total time: 15:15)

Started with 90 seconds between sets, then 1:45, then 2 1:55 rest periods)


50 dips while putting away plates


CIRCUIT (no rest between exercises) hyper-abs-squat


Reverse hyper 360

4x13


Standing ab wheel

4x6


Belt Squat 200lbs

1x15

2x14

STRIPSET (no rest between sets)

15x200

Reps of 175,150,125,100,75,50,25,Axle


50 pull aparts

25 pressdowns

Neck curl

Neck Harness


CONDITIONING


12 rounds of

3 Bear complexes w/95lbs

5 chins (every single grip possible)


Time: 12:11


SECOND BREAKFAST


2 Mile 80lb weighted vest walk with dog


Notes: It’s crazy how simply identifying a cause of my issues in and of itself seems to help in the healing process, as I felt MUCH stronger in today’s set of squats than I had in a long time. My hips are really buggy these days, and I tweaked it a touch on the meadows row, which made walkouts with squats tricky, but I noted I tweaked my hip ON the walkout last time, so in general I need to slow that part down and be strong on it.


3s pro continues to be the right call. In driving to work today, I realized that I had really set myself up well for my last training cycle by running SVR II for 2 cycles beforehand to get re-adjusted to the style of training. I think skipping that was a mistake this time. I had to shift my nutrition too rapidly to adapt to the new workload and didn’t really have a chance to get settled in. I’m thinking, after this run, the approach may be: diet break for 2 cycles, deload, SVR II for 2 cycles on a maintenance style diet, deload, THEN tackle the weight gain.


Absolutely crushed the BBB work. Decided to just get it done vs throwing in supersets and, in turn, keep rests as short as I could manage. It was tough, but I had almost 5 minutes left, so that’s pretty awesome.


Weighted vest walk is getting easy. Got running with the Mrs later, then working an early shift (only doing 1-2 of these a month now: it’s awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment