Sunday, October 17, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2572


NO AM workout, but that's because I slept until 0700.  That's a recent PR for sleep.


Afternoon hit a 42 round workout of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off in the following format


Round 1: Daily work
Round 2: 40kg KB swings
Round 3: Daily work
Round 4: 45lb alternating arm KB snatches
Round 5: Daily Work
Round 6: Double KB clusters 45lbs
Repeat


Got video of the first 4 rounds until my app and video recorder stopped playing nicely together



I do want to comment though that this video of Kroc doing 30 chins was one of the original videos that motivated me in my quest to be strong and muscular, and I feel like I'm doing a decent job imitating it




Ended the day with a 2 mile walk with the dog.


Gameplan for this next cycle: I realize it's never explicitly stated to do 5s pro for BBB Beefcake, just that the mainwork needs to match the supplemental.  I effectively do "4s pro" this last week, so I'm going to use 3s pro for this next training cycle so I can really milk out the supplemental work.  I also came up with a strategy of doing the main work with a different implement than the supplemental work so I could have 2 separate training maxes, and that MAY come into play as well, but so far I'll use the tools available to me in the 5/3/1 toolbox and go from there as needed.

Underate today.  Avocados weren't ripe yet.  Will have to make up for it as I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment