Saturday, October 2, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2557


AM WORKOUT (0510 natural wake up) Near Fasted (1 lite n fit 80 calorie pumpkin pie yogurt...going to be eating a LOT of these while they're still in season)


GIANT SET CIRCUIT (no rest between exercises) of Chin-ab wheel-chin-neck harness-repeat

10x10 chins (various grips)

5x4 ab wheel

5x10 neck harness w/55lbs


SUPERSET CIRCUIT (row-pull)

Axle rows against light bands
1x10
1x8
1x6
2x5

Band pull aparts
5x10


SUPERSET (shrug-pull)

Axle shrugs against short average bands
1x50

Band facepulls
1x100

Kroc rows 115
1x18

50 dips
25 pushdowns
25 reverse hyper leg curls


CONDITIONING

Thieves Guild Initiate Quest

20 seconds of alternating DB snatches/10 seconds of goblet squats w/20lb DB for 8 rounds


Notes: Got in all my assistance work before the family woke up so that I can do JUST the deadlifting later today.  I'm transitioning away from shift work into a more 9-5 M-F sorta setting, so I think this can be my new way forward on Saturdays.  I prefer getting ALL the training knocked out before the family gets up, but deadlifts are just too loud to pull that off, and this seems like a decent compromise.  In that regard, careful observers will note that there is barely any loading of plates in this workout.  Lots of bodyweight and band stuff.  I am planning on getting 1 big set of reverse hypers in with my afternoon deadlift workout as well, simply because that can be a bit noisy too.


I need to remember to get in some Kelso shrugs.  I keep telling myself I will, and then I autopilot away from them.


Chins are really in top form right now.


Physique update for the "end" of week 1.  Really highlights what I've been saying: I'm getting a lot of "pop" in my musculature from the increased calories and trace carbs.  Once again got to visit my favorite Chinese place, and despite eating foods on the "good" list, I'm still soaking up every trace carb and all the salt, which isn't a bad thing at all.




PM WORKOUT (1500)

Texas deadlift bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135
5x225
1x315
5x380
5x435
5x490

5x10x380 (done in 16:45)

Reverse hyper 180
1x40

High handle trap bar lifts touch and go 
60x135

Notes: Took 1:45 between first and second set, then 2:00 between all other sets.  That "switch" that typically took the third set to flip was flipped on set 1 and every set afterwards was absolutely demolished.  Feeling very on point, which, of course meant that 380 felt heavy as hell in warm ups.  Funny learning to read the signs.  

As holidays are getting close, getting the urge to bring back that trap bar deathset, so threw in something high rep at the end.  I need to make this round of Beefcake "greater than" anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment