Saturday, October 23, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2578


AM WORKOUT (0405 natural wake up, good sleep)


Just gonna describe this.  I set up a big circuit of movements consisting of chins, standing ab wheel, neck harness, kelso shrugs and band pull aparts, and in between each exercise I did a set of 5 t-bar rows.  There was no rest between exercises: just ran it like a big circuit.  After 3 sets of the ab wheel, I switched to dips and did 3 sets of those.  It ended up being 28 sets of 5 on the t-bar row, which I then polished off with a set of 10 just to get a full 150 reps.  Here's how things shook out


Chins (various grips)
5x10

Standing ab wheel
3x7

Neck harness w/55lbs
5 sets

Kelso shrugs w/125 using swiss bar
5 sets (changing grip widths each set)

Band pull aparts
5x10

Dips
3x17

T-bar rows 100
28x5
1x10


Shrugs against short average bands
1x53

SUPERSET w/

Face pulls
1x100


CONDITIONING

Kettlebell Fran w/45lb bells and kipping chins
21
15
9
Time: 6:16


Notes: Came up with the whole workout last night.  Was getting burnt out with my current back day set up, and just not really getting a good pump from it.  T-bar rows tend to work better in that regard, and I always liked working them in between sets of stuff so I gave it a go.  This has wings.  I think I can play around with movement order in the circuit to make it a bit more effective.  


KB Fran after all that work was interestingly challenging.  Went with the KBs because they were ready to go and I'm just becoming a fan of the implement in general.  That said, I think the barbell variant is more metabolically challenging, most likely because the bar is compressing your ability to breathe.  Kipping chins are actually MORE challenging in my opinion because they recruit the whole body, similar to how I gas out quicker on a set of push presses vs strict presses.  My right shoulder fell a bit out of the socket on the second round of thrusters but I was able to recover before it fully dislocated.  It's been giving me some warning signs for a bit.  Seems to be good now.  May have just needed to throw a tantrum.


Deadlifts later today.  3s pro continues to seem like the right call looking at what's coming for me.


LUNCH TIME WORKOUT


Texas Power Bar touch and go deadlifts
5x135
5x225
5x315
3x385
3x440
3x495
5x10x385 (90 seconds between sets, 14:56 total time)

Reverse hypers 180
1x42

High handle trap bar pulls 135
1x90


Notes: Absolutely crushed the supplemental work.  Kept the rest times at 90 seconds for all 5 sets.  It helped make things challenging, which was the goal.  Final set took some grit.  Rest of the workout continued to push the pace pretty decently as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment