Wednesday, October 6, 2021

 Training Log: Entry 2561


AM WORKOUT (0328 natural wake up)


Tower Of Babel + Sodom and Gomorrah

Front squats 235 w/5 burpees between sets
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (Time: 27:57)
Transition immediately to
12x135
12 burpees (Total time: 32:01)


43 rounds of 20 seconds on/10 seconds off intervals in the following format

Round 1: Daily work exercise
Round 2: 40kg KB swing
Round 3: Daily work
Round 4: 45lb KB snatches
Repeat

Neck curls
Neck harness

Tabata high handle trap bar pulls 135


Notes: Absolutely nuked myself with conditioning.  So dig this with the Tower: keeping with the bible theme, I went Sodom and Gomorrah at the end.  What's that mean?  After the tower collapses, we rain down fire and brimstone.  Fire is Front Squats and Brimstone is Burpees (F and B, I'm so goddamn cute).   Go for max reps on the front squats and match it with burpees.  Coincides with my "salt the earth" approach.  This is a keeper, especially since I wasn't too pleased with my performance on the main work.  Was moving slow.


I like what I've come up with on the daily work circuit.  I feel it works better than the buy in approach.  I tweaked something in my right oblique on a KB snatch, but I don't think it's anything huge.


Trap bar pulls were a result of me looking at the clock, seeing I still had some time, and evaluating which parts of me weren't totally destroyed.  It answered the mail.  Next time I might hit up the BAS.  On that note, Tang Soo Do tonight.  It's basics night, which is typically a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment