Saturday, June 6, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1866

(2) Mat Pulls 570+chains
15 reps total

Notes: 9 on the first, then 3 and 3. Pinched nerve in my back on Thursday was some of the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Kept locking up on me at work, was screaming in pain everytime I made a turn while driving, just agony. Friday, tried to hit the yoke, and could walk with 300 painfree, but couldn't even break 530 off the floor. Pain wasn't bad, but my body simply shut down whenever I tried. Thus, this was a huge relief. Felt some small twinges during warm-ups, but nothing in the main set. Managed 7 reps on the first breath, and the 9th rep was actually easier than the 8 with a little knee bend. Really going to try for 10 next week, as that would be huge progress, but if I can get 9 and continue with a trend of only losing 1 rep per cycle, things are going to work pretty well.


Yoke 530
2x70'ish

Notes: Was bugging the nerve a little bit, and decided to just keep it cool. Wasn't really able to move fast because of this factor, and didn't want to drill slow movement patterns.


Squat
5x455
4x455
3x455
2x455
1x455
5x405


Notes: 15 deep breaths between sets for the 455s. About 1-2 minutes for the 405. No issues with squats as long as I could get the bar below the nerve. Depth was really low on these. Getting very comfortable with this weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment