Saturday, June 27, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1881

(7) Mat Pulls 585+chains
18 reps total

Notes: 12, then 3, then 3.  No hamstring pain whatsoever.  All my warm-ups up to 405 felt terrible, but once I got 495 on the bar things finally felt decent.  Got 9 in 1 breath on the first pull, felt like spinal fluid was leaking out of my nose.  Still trying really hard to force a fast and hard hip drive.


DOH hold 405+chains
40 seconds


Squats 315
1x21

Notes: Started feeling a slight amount of pain at 225, so wrapped the hamstring with a wrist wrap and kept it light.  Went slow and controlled on these, really blew up the quads.  Figured out what I'm doing that torqued the hamstring before: when I get fatigued, I basically free fall to the bottom of the squat and then use my hamstrings to catch myself in the hole and propel back up.  I've hurt myself before like this, good to be aware.  Right hamstring is actually feeling a little pain, most likely due to 2 weeks of compensating for my left.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been dropping down anyway due to my knee lately but I have before. I'll be more cautious about that based on your experience. Have you considered/tried squatting narrower?

    Sweet Jesus regarding 18 reps of almost 600 lbs at any height off the floor...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squatting narrower hasn't come up on the radar. My stance is already pretty narrow now that I use weightlifting shoes. I could definitely play with it a little bit, but right now I'm going to focus on rehabbing the hamstring in the motor pattern I'm familiar with. Thanks for the perspective.

      And yeah, these mat pulls with the chains are going really well. I'm hoping the end result will be a 700lb pull.

      Delete