Thursday, June 4, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1865


Log clean and press (clean once)
2x235
1x235
7x160 (strict)

Notes: Decided that I'm going to spend my heavy training days training for the heavyweight weights for my upcoming competition in case I decide to bump up a weight class. There is going to be a 225 log press in the medley, so I'm not too worried. That said, all the 235 reps were grinders. THAT said, I'm fairly certain I built myself a 14"+ log when I compare it to what I used in competition, as this thing is incredibly tough to press. The strict work was pretty smooth. Right shoulder gets pretty trashed from the log, so I'm not going to hit the log as often as I did in my last cycle.

(3)Incline DB press 105
1x10
1x7
1x5
(2)Incline DB press 105 w/reactive slingshot
1x5

superset w/

GB lat pulldowns 90
5x15

superset w/

Band pull aparts
4x20


Notes: Keeping my hands more neutral on the DB press for the sake of the log and shoulder health. I keep wanting to hit some heavy dips, but this movement just works too well for me.


Axle curl dropset
3x20

Notes: Put 4 2.5lb plates per side and was just stripping them after every 20 reps. Goal was to hit 100, but had to cut things a little short. This worked really well, excited to pursue it further, but I pinched a nerve in my back pretty fierce at one point. Will need to watch out for that.


Walking around at 198ish and feeling/looking learner. Caffeine intake is down, but had a massive headache yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment