Thursday, June 18, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1874


Axle Push press 210
1x10
1x6

Axle strict press 190
1x4

Notes: That a 3 rep PR for the push press. Really excited about that kind of progress. Overhead is finally coming together. Wrapped my left hamstring with a wrist wrap for some compression, and it helped a bit. Initial pull of the clean was aggravating the injury, so I had to modify and perform the initial pull straight legged with my back and then transition to the clean. No real issues there. Smoothest leg drive I've had in a long time, most of the reps didn't even feel like they were being pressed. Truthfully, my wrists were the limiting factor here, as the more I pressed the further back my wrist would bend. May start wrapping them again for training.


(3) Incline DB bench 105
1x10
1x8
1x5 (failed in 6th)
(2) Incline DB bench 105 w/reactive slingshot
1x4

Superset w/

GB lat pulldown 90
5x10

Superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20


Notes: The hardest part with the DB bench is maintaining consciousness. The very first rep, I get really light headed everytime, and have to hold it for a bit to keep from passing out. Might actually start hitting the nose tork before sets, just to stay conscious.


Axle curl dropset
25
20
20

Notes: Had to cut it short unfortunately, but plan is to still get 100 reps each time. Going to frontload the first sets and try to burn away the final set, so eventually ending up at 4x25, and then try to get it to 3x33 before 2x50 and then 1x100 before changing up weights. Really, just doing anything to keep myself from being bored.

2 comments:

  1. Nice PR! That stiff-legged clean sounds like how I thought you were supposed to clean during my power clean comp years ago, haha.

    I get lightheaded often when either unracking or cleaning the bar to press overhead and have to focus on breathing out as I do so, not holding my breath. Pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice thing about not having any technique normally is that, when you have to work around an injury, you barely notice it, haha. Thanks for the comment.

      Yeah, I'll occasionally see stars on the clean, but for some reason this dumbbell press really does a number on me. I should record the set for the inevitable day I smash myself in the face with a dumbbell so I can be on Tosh.0.

      Delete