Saturday, August 1, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1905

Deadlifts 585+chains
1x7

https://youtu.be/aJFtXxDkoHk

Notes: REALLY wanted to get 8 this week, but with the pulled lat and a contest next week, I knew it wasn't a smart move to fight for it.  Just going to try to match reps on this one next cycle.  Still, pretty huge, especially considering I'm still dropping bodyweight.


Squats 365
1x15

Notes: Buffalo bar still feels amazing.  Makes me want to squat more often.  That said, I could feel my left hamstring getting a little fast and loose around rep 15, so I shut it down.  Too close to get injured at this point.  Will get stupid and push it post contest.



General notes: Woke up at 195.4.  Good week.  From this point out, going to hit my normal bench workout on Monday, and then a pump workout on Wed and call it.  Gotta be on top of nutrition to make sure I don't overeat with the lack of activity.

EDIT: I completely forgot the most important thing: my cheat meal this week.  Went to Taco Bell, my weakness, and got 2 grilled stuffed nachos (beef), a buffalo chicken loaded griller, and 1 Captain Crunch delight. I still have zero tolerance for sweets, as before that Captain Crunch thing I was ready for a whole nother round of Taco Bell, but after that I had zero appetite.  Bought some off brand Fruit Loops and Pop Tarts for the contest, I'm ready to go.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing pull. Jesus, with the bar bending and the plates moving it looked like everything was going to collapse, haha. Can you take a buffalo bar squat vid?

    "off brand Fruit Loops and Pop Tarts for the contest"

    Dude, meet day is not the day to be trying new things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that man. I'll grab video with the buffalo bar sometime.

      To clarify, the pop tarts are legit, it's the fruit loops that are sketchy, haha. I found fruity pebbles were juat too small to really get a mouthful.

      Delete