Wednesday, August 5, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1907


100lb Keg clean and press (one motion) to 112.5lb Circus DB (AMRAP)
3 rounds

Notes: Just wanted to practice some skill work. Really trying to cut down time on the keg so that I can have as much time as possible to pump out reps on the DB. On the final circuit, I was really moving the keg quick, secret was to still try to roll it up my torso on the way up and lean back at the top, so it's more like throwing it on the air instead of pressing it. Didn't go balls to the wall on the CDB, just enough to keep the motor pattern strong. Pinched a nerve in my neck on the final round so I called it. Nothing serious at all, it's the same recurring issue, and at this moment it's mostly painfree.

Not training the log at this point. It's only a 180lb log, and since it's a Rogue 10", it's just going to be a weird log to press. Just going to muscle it up and roll with it.


Squats 232
2x10

Superset w/

D-ring lat pulldown 90
2x10

Notes: Just some light work to keep blood flowing before the contest.


Axle curl drop set
100 reps


Light band piston pushdowns
20+15

Notes: 20 on the knees, 10 standing. I liked these, but they're different from normal band pushdowns. Instead of feeling a pump, I felt a real strong burn in my triceps while I was hammering them out, and then, a few minutes later, they were really blown up. This might be something I alternate w/ normal pressdowns for variety.


D-ring lat pulldown
2x10

superset w/

D-ring Kelso Shrugs on the lat pulldown
2x10


Notes: Oh wow, this was awesome. My lat pulldown is just the right height to really make the Kelso shrugs viable. I might start making it a permanent thing to chase pulldowns with Kelsos. I've always wanted to include this movement in my training.


Neck harness 45lbs
1x25

Notes: Just moved slowly to help with the pinched nerve.




General notes: For a light workout, I sure wrote a lot. Mind is all over the place. I'm just going nuts wanting to do more and grow. Very excited about the contest and competing at home as well. Woke up at 194.6 again, looking lean still. Gear bag is packed. Left lat still has pain in it, but it takes very specific movements to trigger it. The only place I could see it being in pain is on the yoke walk, and even then, it's not enough pain to stop or slow me down, just an annoyance.

No comments:

Post a Comment