Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1915


(15) Chain Suspended SSB Squats
0x455+chains
7x365+chains

Notes: Think I've exhausted my ability to progress with the heavy weight. Most likely COA is to reset the weight and shoot for rep PRs. Think I'm going to keep the backoff set weight the same, as I'm still seeing decent progress there. Big factor was legs and hips too sore to really get anything moving on this. Saturday's workout tends to just beat me up, and even with 2 feeder workouts beforehand I'm still in a bit of pain. I've got an old Inzer Champion suit I've worn once or twice, worse comes to worse I might try popping that out and going straps down with it to see if it helps.

Very tempted to switch to the buffalo bar on this, but I've noticed that straight bar work has less carryover to strongman lifts compared to the SSB. Still, it's A tool I can consider.


GHR sit-ups w/25lb plate
2x8
1x6


Car deadlift simulator
10x8 plates
10x6 plates

Notes: This took a lot out of me, but I'm very pleased with it. Hit my goal. Pretty soon I'm going to have to get creative on how to lift more weight with this. Few ideas are: deficit (standing on mats), bands, chains, and that rig I designed earlier. Good problems to have.


Reverse hyper 25lbs per side
3 minutes

Notes: Those 3 minutes were with rest as needed. No longer than a few seconds of dead time. This IS brutal, but I'm honestly unsold on the benefits of it. Felt like it did a great job taxing my body entirely, but not my low back specifically. Think I'm going to stick with heavy reverse hypers, and maybe just alternate between strict form and loose form.


Neck harness w/45lbs
1x50


General notes: Woke up at 194.4. Lost 4.2lbs of water overnight, so I'm thinking something must be up. If I'm seeing this week next week, I might get a little more drastic on my approach. Right shoulder feels fine, entire left side is a mess though. Tricep, hamstring and hip all feel pretty beat up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment