Monday, August 17, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1914


Weighted chins 55lbs
20 reps

Notes: Left lat seems to be just about 100%. Happy to really start pushing it.

Bench press
1x Trainwreck

superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Not really even worth logging reps/sets/weights here, as I fell completely off the plan. 2 variables:

1: Was using my Ironmind bench here instead of the one I had been training with up until this point. I don't think that could be causing the issues, but it's A variable.

2: I had a good bench day when I did dips everyday the week prior. Haven't done that since the contest, and have this to show for it.


I'm on the fence about the bench, but not about the dips. I'm making it a regular thing now. I may still have to take the weight down for the rest of the program, but I can at least ride it out.



Shoulder circuit
3 rounds

Notes: Got a set of 10-50 powerblocks for $50 this weekend, so I'm using those now. For that price, I really like them, and I'm excited about a few of the new avenues it opens.


DB rows 105
8x3
1x26



General notes: Woke up at 194.4 this morning. Still feeling the after effects of the cheat meal (was kinda hoping it'd help on bench, but no so luck), to include the fact that, even though my weight is up, my physique is substantially improved. I imagine I was "flat" from lack of carbs and this helped me swell up a bit. Morning abs were intense, fully on display. Got in a feeder workout of 1x40 BW squats yesterday and legs still feel like they got hit by a train, will maybe hit up the GHR today to keep getting blood into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment