Monday, August 24, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1920


Weighted chins 55lbs
21 reps

Bench
2x315

DB bench 50lbs
1x50

superset w/

Band pull aparts


Notes: Time to retire the bench program. It worked very well when I was gaining or maintaining weight, but with my weight loss, I just can't keep up with it. 315 for a double isn't terrible, but I should've been hitting 320 for 4x4 today. Hit the dumbbells just to get something going. Going to have to figure out a way forward from here. Couple of different ideas kicking around in my head: deciding between a 5/3/1 variant, a Cube approach, Dogg Crapp, Westside style ME days, or just using what I'm doing for overhead. I'll flesh out my thought process later.


Shoulder circuit
3 rounds

Notes: Left shoulder blade/trap feeling a little tender. Might need to reduce the weight on the overhead partials.


DB rows 105
8x3
1x27


General notes: Woke up at 193.0. Feeling a little beat up coming in to this. Hit a feeder workout yesterday of 30 reps with just the buffalo bar for squats, legs feeling not as terrible as a result. Training schedule is changing slightly to account for Wife's marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment