Tuesday, August 25, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1921


(14) Chain Suspended SSB Squats
4x425+chains
6x365+chain

Notes: Much better day. May have had a 5th in me on the first set, but groove when crazy when I broke the weight off the chains, and I had to fight to keep upright. Belt is still all over the place with changing body comp.


Reverse hyper 5 plates
3x10

superset w/

Standing ab wheel
2x8
1x7


Car deadlift simulator 8 plates
1x2

Notes: Came into training beat up and seemed to be getting worse toward this point. Left hamstring and right hip were achy, and when paired with a belt I can't quite get tight, just wasn't able to keep pressure like I needed. May be time to start rotating this movement with another 1 or 2 to keep fresh. Been hammering this movement HARD for months and made some pretty crazy improvements, but it's starting to get heavy. Either that, or mess with the programming at least.


Neck harness 45lbs
1x50


General notes: Watched an epic battle on my scale between 192.8 and 193.0 this morning before it finally settled on the latter. I'm starting to feel the effects of the weight loss. Just in a zombie like state. Body is racking up soreness/minor aches everywhere. Possibly the 100 chins a day are a factor as well, although they actually feel pretty pleasant on my body.


In general health news, got my blood pressure and resting heart rate taken yesterday at the dentist while they repaired my tooth. 125/72 with a heart rate of 59. The heart rate is actually somewhat elevated for me, as I tend to be in the mid 50s normally, but I did just drink a 240mg caffeine rockstar beforehand, so that's most likely a factor. Was commended for my good health, had to chuckle at that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm amused at the notion of you changing physicians out of dismay that the first told you you're in good health. And damn man, you chipped a tooth? Those Quest bars get hard in cooler environments.

    Maybe now that you're thinking about cycling movements you'll get around to front squats finally, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to laugh when I'm told I'm in good health when I constantly engage in unhealthy activities and behaviors. Think it goes to show that we have no idea what's "good for us", haha.

      And yeah, what a dumb thing to chip a tooth on. Wasn't even all that hard, tooth apparently was just already pretty beat up. My daughter really wanted a piece of the bar, so I went to bite off a small piece for her and ended up taking out a little bit of myself with it. Things I do out of love.


      Ugh, front squats, haha. They're always an option, but I'm thinking more along the lines of lunges or a carry/drag medley. Axle cleans are also an option. Something a little lighter and faster.

      Delete