Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1908


Chins
30 reps

Notes: Back from contest and starting to rehab my lat. It's feeling pretty good these days, but still going to take things a little light.

Bench 225
5x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Tried out my Ironmind bench since it was deload week. Think I'm going to stick with it. It's lower to the ground, which means I can get better leg drive, and it has zero padding, which means I can set a decent arch and drive without sinking into the bench. I actually had an arch for the first time in a long time and it felt like I was incline benching. Also forgot to wear my elbow sleeves, so a good sign that my strength is still there, and it means I get to write that this was "raw" in all capital letters.


Shoulder circuit drop set

Notes: Was running short on time and did something pretty fun. Since I use plates instead of dumbbells, I just had a 10, 5 and 2.5lb plate ready to go and immediately switched to the next weight when the movement was over. Got a decent pump.


Low cable d-ring rows 90lbs
8x10

Notes: Just coming back from the comp and rehabbing the lat. Still got a decent pump.



General notes: Woke up at 192.5 today. No idea how that happened, guess I lost a lot of the water I was holding from all the sodium from the junk food this weekend. That makes 10lbs of weight lost, although I'm not banking on the 192 sticking around, but stranger things have happened. I'm not too sure how much more fat I have to lose, but I'm just going to keep riding this wave until it negatively affects my training.

Planning on buying one of those doorway chin up bars for my office on my lunch break and incorporating that into my daily routine as a way to get this lat back up and running. Might even develop a set of lats, you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment