Thursday, August 13, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1910


Axle clean and press (clean once) 223
1x7
1x4

Notes: Back was feeling pretty fried from all the chins, so the clean was ugly and got caught low on the chest. Still a PR today though, and a positive sign. Leg drive wasn't quite where I wanted it to be: had to do a lot more press outs than usual. If I can get that figured out, I should really start moving some weight on this.


DB Incline press 105
(4) 1x10
(3) 1x8
(2) 1x8
(1) 1x7
(0) 1x6 w/reactive slingshot

supserset w/

DB lat pulldown/kelso shrug combo 90
5x10/5

Superset w/

Band pull aparts
5x20

Notes: Lotta stuff going on here. Really pleased with that 4 incline top set. Also, figuring out the slingshot: wearing it lower so that the center point is on the elbows instead of the upper arm. Alleviates the elbow pain I've been experiencing. On the lat pulldowns, I'd go straight from the pulldown into a cable kelso shrug while seated. I may replace band pull aparts entirely with this on this day and up the reps on it, as I'm very pleased to have found a way to train this movement in an easy to accomplish manner, and it feels pretty awesome.


Axle curl dropset
25
25
20
20
10


Average Band pressdown
3x15

Superset w/

Standing GB kelso shrugs 90
3x5


Notes: Also hitting the kelso's standing, putting my foot on the support beam of the pulldown. Works very well.



General notes: Up to 193.8 this morning. Still seem to be normalizing bodyweight. Going for sets of 16 on the NG pull ups today. Think my back is finally starting to grow after neglecting it for so long with my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment