Wednesday, August 26, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1922


Axle press from rack
0x263
4x238

Notes: Poorly racked the 263, and made it so that my leg drive as pretty poor. The 238 is technically 12lbs less than my best, but considering I haven't done heavy axle in 3 months, I was 10lbs heavier, and that was an afternoon workout, I think this is probably a "good" number. I'm liking pressing out of the rack, I think I might keep this in as my "heavy" day. This would boil down to 1 day in a cycle where I clean each rep, 1 day where I clean the first rep, and 1 day where I perform no cleaning. I think that's a good balance.

Triceps seem weak. I think my new bench training will help there. Got some more ideas on it, I'll expand sometime.


DB incline press 105lbs
(5)1x7
(4)1x7
(3)1x7
(2)1x7
(1)1x7

superset w/

D-ring pulldown/kelso shrug combo 90lbs
5x10/10


Notes: Need to up the incline of the seat itself 1 more click on the (5) setting. I'm sliding too much. Nice to seem some strength increases here.


Axle curl stripset
25
25
25
25


Band pushdown dropset
Average x 25
Light x 25


General notes: Woke up at 192.5. Weight loss seems to be more rapid, but have to avoid trying to stupidly overcompensate. It comes in waves. Still feeling beat up, but it seems like the pain migrates, so no 1 part is beat up 2 days in a row. Belt placement is still wonky. Get to take a day off tomorrow, then do events on Fri and deadlift/squat on Sat. Should be my training schedule for the next few months.

2 comments:

  1. I might have missed it but why are you trying to lose weight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most honest answer is that I got tired of being fat. After the Sacramento contest we did where I competed up a weight class, I realized that my eating habits had gone to crap and I wanted to fix that. Additionally, I was at the bottom of the 200lb class and wanted to fill out more, but didn't want to just get more fat, so I figured reaching a certain level of leaness beforehand and then slowly adding some weight would pay off.

      It's also been pretty good for my foot speed. I suppose if I went super hardcore I could also compete in the 175 class, but that sounds terrible, haha.

      Delete