Friday, August 28, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1923

AM workout

Leap Frog Medley (205lb sandbag, 100lb keg)
2 rounds

Notes: Here is how this works: Keg and sandbag start at the same spot. Run the sandbag out 25', run back to keg, run the keg out 50', run back to sandbag, run the sandbag to the keg, run the keg 25' (back towards the start), run back to sandbag, run sandbag 50' (back at starting point), run back to keg, run keg back to start.

This absolutely smoked me inside of 2 rounds. I was wanting to do something that combined suicides with a carry medley, and think this transferred over decently well. Had to set the keg down somewhat gently, as it was 0530 and I imagine my neighbors were still asleep, but still had some good intensity. Goal was very quick sprints between objects, as that seems to be where I slow down. Minor pull of my left glute/ham connector, just from picking up the sandbag with no warm-up first thing in the morning.



General notes: Woke up at 192.0. Real rapid weight loss this week, have to make sure my protein intake is up to snuff.


PM Workout

NG Chins
1x30

Dips
1x64

Pull aparts
1x128


Farmer's walks 255
2x50'

Notes: Torqued something in my left hip flexor on the first run. Could still move with the farmer's just fine aftewards, but knew it wasn't in my best interest. Whole left side of the body is broken. Just going to keep hammering it until something breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment