Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Training Log: Entry 1909



(16) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squats
1x455+chains
6x365+chains


Notes: Definitely seeing effects of fat loss: I'm down a notch on my belt.  This meant I wasn't able to get the belt to sit quite as low as I like, so form was a little off on the first set, but still happy with the outcome post contest.  If next week proves to be too heavy, I may either change the movement or the weight.  The dead stop back off set still proved effective.

Standing ab wheel
1x8
2x7

Car deadlift simulator
8x8 plates
10x6 plates


Notes: Love that I'm still seeing progress on this.  From my performance in my last contest, I can tell it's working.  Left lat had no issues.  Could feel my right calf shifting a bit, but nothing extreme.



Reverse hyper 1 plate
1 minute, 5 seconds


Notes: Holy crap this was way harder than I thought.  I'll blame a little of it on being post contest, but this is really just a tortuous movement.  Next time, I'll just put on a quarter per side.  I think this can have some real benefits for the lower back, but I'm somewhat unconvinced on carryover to heavier lifts, so I think I'm going to alternate between this and a traditional loading scheme each week.



General notes: Work up at 193.0.  This is a bit more reasonable, but I may put a bit more weight on as my body stabilizes.  Still, being down a notch definitely shows me that I'm losing fat, and I can see my abs at night before bed, which is another positive sign.  Going to continue with my chins throughout the day (have already knocked out 1 set of 15 as of this writing).  May bring dips back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment