Saturday, August 15, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1913

Warm-up: Help friend move into new house
1.5 hours

(7) Mat Pulls 600+chains
17 reps total

Notes: 10 in the first, 3 in the second, 4 in the third.  I am unstoppable.  Helped a friend move into his new place, ate a massive cheat meal (more on that in a bit), then came back and crushed this.  Jacked up something in my left hip and hamstring on the warm-up, but didn't seem to affect me here.  Actually did a great job getting my hips into the movement, felt smooth and short on ROM.

Was planning on following up the pulls of 600 with dead stops of 495+chains, but had nothing in me after the third attempt.  I think I'll save that approach for the days when I only get 2 pick ups in, or if there is some sort of technical failure.


DOH hold 405+chains
30 seconds


Squats 410 (rest pause, 15 deep breaths between sets)
1x6
1x5
1x4
1x3
1x2
1x1

Notes: Rushed the rehab, just got tired of lifting baby weights.  Decided to do the exact same stupid protocol that got me injured in the first place as a way to come back.  Weight was technically 412, but I'm just rounding the buffalo bar to 50lbs to make life easier.  Definitely felt a lot more controlled with this, time in rehab paid off.  NEED to do a feeder workout tomorrow so that I can actually squat on Tues/Weds.


General notes: Woke up at 193.4 today.  Seem to have stabilized and kept on my weight loss approach.  Got a good workout in with the move: tried to move the biggest pieces I could without assistance/furniture dolly.

And now the cheat meal.




-3 Doritos locos crunch supreme tacos
-1 chicken quesadilla
-Chipotle loaded griller
-1 grilled stuffed nacho
-Large DIET mountain dew (gotta watch my figure)


Totals too:

Calories: 2050
Protein: 78
Carbs: 186
Fat: 111


Man, there is just NO protein in Taco Bell.  Not totally unexpected.  I still had an appetite after this, but knew I should stop.  Fun fact: I have only ever been full twice in my life.  Once was after a weigh in for a powerlifting meet where I made the mistake to recarb on pancakes and they swelled up in my stomach after drinking a bunch of gatorade, and the other time was when I was a high school kid, wrestling season had just ended and my mom took me out to El Torrito for dinner and Cold Stone for dessert.

This is why I was a fat kid growing up, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, your back wasn't tired after the move?

    And I never understood scoffing at people who eat a lot but get diet soda. Just because I consume 200 grams of carbs doesn't mean I want 250 when I like the taste of diet. What, you can't cut ANY losses when indulging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back was tired, but I had a heart to heart with it and told it that, regardless of how it felt, we were deadlifting today, and it could either perform or I was going to break it. It chose the former, haha.

      And yeah, people are stupid with diet critiques. It's akin to saying "Dude, why aren't you doing cocaine if you're already drinking? Why do you wear a seatbelt if you're going to speed? Why not rob a bank if you're already jaywalking?"

      Plus, diet soda taste delicious, haha.

      Delete