Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2367

GOD IS A BEAST ANCHOR WORKOUT 7

AM WORKOUT

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x66
5x136
3x156
3x176
3x201
3x166
3x191
5x211

Texas deadlift bar deadlifts (deadstop)
5x135
5x225
1x315
5x5x405

GHR sit ups w/10lb plate behind head
4x8

Band pull aparts
5x20

Dips
100

Kroc rows 105
1x21

Notes: Pleased with that 5x211.  Hitting that under a significant amount of fatigue.  My deadlifts are pretty ugly with the barbell, but moving smooth.  I need to get in a little more single joint/small movement stuff here, but was happy to get in some more rowing.  I've been slacking on that.  As per usual, everything was some sort of giant set.

Woke up at 192.2.  I believe that number. 

4 comments:

  1. Found this row variation via Mike T, been diggin it. Feel it better than Kroc rows and can go heavier than Meadows rows.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWx7iYZgvB3/?hl=en&taken-by=miketuchscherer

    Plus loading my Oly db handles takes forever and this doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks real similar to a meadows row. Probably feel some gnarly overload too. I'm just too damn lazy to load a barbell for rows at this point, haha. On the topic of the Oly db handle, I actually bought a DB row handle from Mike's site back when he and I were neighbors. Figured it'd be nice to know where the money was going. I really liked the handle and still have it, but don't find myself using it as much anymore.

      Might give that variation a go sometime when I have the axle already loaded up.

      Delete
    2. Only loading 1 side of the bar makes it worth it for me time-wise. But yeah, I hardly do barbell rows, especially with the BFS Row just sitting there.

      WR

      Delete