Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2376

SVR II WORKOUT 4

PM WORKOUT

Bench press
5xBar
5x95
5x135
5x185
5x235
5x270
10x300
16x235

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7istltoQeM&

Chins (various grips)
8x10

Cable row pyramid
Sets of 5 until I couldn't, then back down sets of 5

DB lateral dropset
10x25lbs
10x20
10x15
10x10
11x5

Cable curl dropset
5x10 of whatever was on the stack moving down

KB swing 75
1x50


Notes: First time benching with a barbell since Oct 2015 and it just feels awful.  Part of it is that I was using some sort of super whippy Rogue barbell with a rack and bench I've never used before.  It's amazing the difference equipment makes with benching. Was hoping for more than 10, but was hitting the j-hooks, grip was too wide, and just general stupidity factors in the way.  Still a solid effort.

Doing something different with the cable rows; letting my shoulders and upper back roll forward on the eccentric, and then pulling them all the way back on the concentric.  Combination row/Kelso shrug.  Really has a good effect.

I always pick things up when I'm forced into these positions, and this is no exception.  Swings have been an awesome lower body movement and I totally need to bring them back.  Super easy to execute, loading is simple, and effect is big.  Also liking all the dropset work to quickly get my assistance knocked out.

Been eating out 2 out of 3 meals a day for the past 4 days.  Been rough on the GI system, and just not the way I like to live if I can avoid it.

No comments:

Post a Comment