Monday, October 23, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2379

SVR II WORKOUT 10

AM WORKOUT

NG chins
1x30
1x20

Axle continental and strict press away
5xAxle
5x66
5x146
5x166
5x186
5x10x146

Axle rows
5x10x146

Band pull aparts
5x20

DB curls 35
4x10

DB lateral dropset
12x20
12x15
12x10
12x5

Loadable kettlebell swings 55
1x50

Notes: Really liked how this workout went.  Hit the chins before anything else as a warm-up/get more pulling volume in, then supersetted the press warm-ups/heavy work sets with the curls, then giant setted the 5x10s on press and rows with the pull aparts.  Did the lateral raise stripset and finished with the swings and still had some time leftover.  Mrs. is wanting to wake up 5 min earlier to get in more running volume, which bodes well for me.  I'm wanting to get in some more training and get some more growth in.

Had to push press the last rep of the last 2 sets of the presses.  Most likely woulda had more energy without the continentals.

Woke up at 194.4.

2 comments:

  1. Your recent barbell bench video got me wondering, are you going to do a powerlifting meet anytime soon and would you continue axel press training to make the barbell bench seem easy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ruled out a powerlifting meet, but I'm not looking into one in the near future. I think, at this point, were I to do one, I'd just show up and not actually train for it. I'd keep up the axle pressing, buffalo bar squatting and whatever deadlifting I was doing and treat it more like a max session than a competition.

      Benching with a barbell showed me that, depending on the bar, things can get hairy. That ended up being a Rogue Ohio bar, and it was pretty whippy. A decent bench bar won't have that issue, but still won't be as stiff as an axle. But the axle has been good to me, and cured a lot of elbow pain.

      Delete