Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Training Log: Entry 2381

SVR II WORKOUT 11

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar Squat
5xBar
5x100
5x140
3x190
5x260
5x300
5x340
5x10x260

GHR sit ups w/10lb plate behind head
3x8
1x6

DB bench 105s
5x10

Band pull aparts
2x20

Band pushdown
2x20

Notes: Ok, this week is awful.  BBB w/FSL percentages is the Devil's work.  Made it through, but I was hurting.  Got a bit of a warm snap going through this week too, so garage is a little warmer than I'm used to and made recovery suck.  Happy to get that DB benching in, and I hit all the reps on squats, but volume was low on assistance stuff.  I might actually come back later today to hit a set of kroc rows and some plate raises.  Left knee is still bugging me; need to get another lax ball.

Woke up at 192.8.  No idea what is going on there.  Birthday is coming up and I'm going to engage in some hardcore nutritional debauchery, and hopefully that can reset my baseline a little, but if that doesn't help, it might be time to go full on BtM diet again.

5 comments:

  1. One thing I'm never short on, lax balls...

    You ever use that front squat harness anymore?

    WR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in my current rotation. Hard to find a space for it in the programming. I'm trying to do my best to stick with things as written to really get a feel for what does/doesn't work and use it to expand things a little. SSB needs more love too.

      I made the mistake of thinking I loaned a lax ball to someone who I think interpreted it as a gift. No signs of returning, haha.

      Delete
    2. I was about to say they're only ~$2/ball at any sporting goods store, but then I remembered that lax in MT ain't exactly lax anywhere else...I'd ship you one if you want. My kids throw them into the bushes when they get "greasy" because they don't like how they shoot. Drives me crazy.

      A girl on my MA program discussion board was complaining this week that "all [she] has to work with at her Crossfit gym is barbells, racks, kettlebells, and weights" and she was running out of ideas. I have a bit more than that, but like you, I feel like I have way more variety than I have training hours for at this point and there's stuff I don't touch for months.

      Delete
    3. Oh, it's no big deal, I can find one here; just have to get it done on the weekend. I really appreciate the offer though.

      What a ridiculous complaint, haha. Funny how spoiled we become. Yeah, just gotta take that year long picture. Things rotate in and out.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I told her I'd help brainstorm any time since I started out on the Dan John plan of a barbell, 25's, and 45's, and she didn't take me up on it...always makes me wonder how many people are finding excuses vs. looking for solutions, you know?

      Delete