Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2395

DEEP WATER WORKOUT 11 (WEEK 3, WORKOUT 3)

AM WORKOUT

Axle push press 151
10x10

superset w/

Band pull aparts
10x10

Axle curls 83lbs
5x10

supserset w/

DB lateral raises
10x30lbs
2x10x25

Notes: 2:45 rest between sets for sub 3 minute rest periods.  As much as I hate push pressing, this has been good for it.  I'm relearning some tricks.  Found a lot of value in getting my hips forward at the end of the press to maximize drive vs just pushing with the legs.  Focused on letting the eccentric crash so I wasn't wasting energy on it.  No re-racks this workout, and only whiffed on the final rep.  Went with 2 minute rests on the curls and raises, again for the sake of time.  My biceps seem to be responding pretty well.  It's been good to actually spend time chasing heavier weight on this, despite the fact it's still light.  Axle feels pretty comfortable.

Woke up at 198.8.  Weight gain has been good so far.  Definitely the best body comp I've had at this bodyweight in a while.  Starting to see some lower back fat coming in, which is usually the first place I'll observe fat gain, but typically by this point the love handles are back and all I can see are my top 2 abs.  Just going to keep chasing this.  Still sticking with foods from the diet and no real cheating to speak of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment