Saturday, October 13, 2018

Training Log: Entry 2397

DEEP WATER WORKOUT 13 (WEEK 4, WORKOUT 1)

AM WORKOUT

Texas Deadlift bar touch and go deadlifts 345
10x10

Buffalo Bar squat 240
3x10

DB walking lunges w/15lbs
3x10

Notes: 2:40 on the clock for sub 3 minute rests.  I was taking deadlifts for granted, and today I found out I was wrong.  Yeah, these still suck less than squats, but they also still suck in general.  Laid down after set 7.  Kept to the rest times though: no super long rest between set 9 and 10 like I've been doing with squats.  My technique feels like garbage on these for the first rep, but it might be that it's just not heavy enough to require a solid position.  Squats were just about a perfect as far as weight selection goes.  Lunges coulda gone heavier.  Gotta remember I'll have more room in me on non-squat days.

Woke up at 198.2.  Need to start pushing the nutrition coming into the home stretch.  I think it's within me, but I gotta eat to support it.

Was telling the Mrs a bit about the program, because she wanted to know why this week was fine compared to last.  When I explained how it alternated between squats and deads and it was the rest times that get reduced so said "Oh wow, that sounds awful".  I'm glad she gets it, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment