Friday, April 12, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2420

PM WORKOUT

(5) Texas deadlift bar touch and go mat pulls
5x135+chains
5x225+chains
3x315+chains
1x405+chains
15+4+3x515+chains

Buffalo Bar squat (rest pause: 12 deep breaths between sets)
9x370
4x370
2x370
1x370
2x280

Notes: Worked overnight and got about 5 hours of sleep before taking this on.  Incredibly pleased with the effort on the deads.  Warm ups moved fast, but on the set of 315 I felt a slight tug in my right hip, so I focused on staying tight.  The 15 reps on the topset were a monumental undertaking.  I don't think I've said the f-word quite as many times as I did throughout this entire training session.  I did NOT want to do any of those squats: lot of force of will to get through.  That final backoff set was just me getting mad at my body and saying that I was going to make it do at least ONE rep of a backoff set, and then when that rep got done, I did 1 more for good measure.

No weigh in.  No real idea what my bodyweight is, but things seem to be moving well.

No comments:

Post a Comment