Thursday, May 2, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2433

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squat-jump-reverse hyper)
Buffalo bar squat
8xBar
8x140
8x230
8x320
8x390 (20lb PR for training cycle)
8x320

Box jumps
6x5

Reverse hyper 320
6x10
Pull ups
w/rest pause (12 deep breaths between sets)
27+5+5

Notes: 3:45 between giant sets.  Pleased with how this day went.  Kinda in a "not broke/don't fix it" mode, as I see places I could squeeze in a little more volume, but I keep growing with this and it seems sustainable.  Left knee was a little achy when I woke up, but wasn't an issue for the training.  Really think I've gotten on top of it.

Woke up at 194.4.  May have finally shed some of the bloat.

2 comments:

  1. Jealous of your reverse-hyper. I use improvised methods but the actual machine would be so nice. Congrats on the PR. Any competitions on the horizon for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Titan is selling somewhat affordable models now, but not too sure how well it'd hold up for an outside gym. No comps on the horizon right now: focus is on moving. I'll be doing Murph twice this month, so that's something.

      Delete